09.04.10 Biodiversity Run - UPLB
2nd Trail Run. Just four days before the race I've finally made a decision to join this event. I woke up around 3am to have my breakfast (just rice, sausages and gatorade). Haydee and the steroid boys fetch me up at our house. When we arrived in UPLB, it was still dark and just few number of participants are there. Meet up some of our ANR family and James Betia, who regsitered for the group distributes our race kits. Being in Laguna for my entire life, it's just now that I've given the chance to explore the beauty of Mt. Makiling and I'm excited for it!

Late Gun Start. Supposedly mass start will start at 6am, but due to some reasons it started at around 6.30am after the program.
GUNSHOT! Can you believe it? We are in the front together with some elite runners like Coach Rio dela Cruz. haha! I'm not expecting any PR on this trail. I was just on my"pasyal-pasyal"mode. To my surprise the trail was very technical, tough and tiring (TTT according to James). Uphill turned into UPHELL for me, so what I did is to just walk with caution to avoid any injuries because of the slippery mud that's on my way. After the turn of the 5K-ers, I found a hydration station and the man who gave me water "ang lakas ni mam, pang-11th po kau sa mga babae". After hearing that words, I gained enough courage and test myself to the limit! I've made a plan to chase over the girls that are ahead of me. Before reaching the summit, finally I saw the two girls, the one with a pacer wearing pink singlet and the other one who looks like a mestiza. They're both tough and and very serious maybe to be on top 10. Downhill, I pushed myself even harder and I can feel the adrenalin that's coming from my body. I can feel that I can make it to the top 10 because I passed over the two girls. Now I gained my confidence so I concentrate on my form and my time.


Me and Haydee passing by Makiling Botanical

Shot by Vans when we meet on my way to the summit
FINISH LINE. 500m before the finish line I felt that I was too exhausted already so I walk a little. The girl that I passed by is just behind me and finally reached me. 200m, the man told me "mam png-9th po kayo, bilisan nyo po ung nauuna sa inyo pang-8th". The girl and I are contending to get the 8th place, but I just give way to her.

After my 10K Trail Run
HAPPINESS. After three months of training and joining races, finally this is the fruit of my hard works. I placed 8th on my 2nd trail run (open female) with official time of 1:24:10, ranked 83 out of 162 runners on 10K category. "Podium Finish" as they say. I was overwhelmed with the greetings from the people around me, of course with my ANR Family cheering me when I was awarded. Three of our members are also podium finish: Mamita 3rd placer (open female) 21k category; Alex 8th placer (open male) 21K category; and Chit 8th placer (open male) 10K category.

My first Medal

Awarding Ceremony

Podium Finishers: Chit, Mamita, me and Alex

My ANR Family who participated on this event

My happiness

Certificate and Medal

My BIB No.

Goodies from my bag - Unilever Products
CARBO LOADING. After the awarding ceremony, we headed to Binalot sa Dahon in Pansol, Calamba to PIGOUT!!! This is the best reward for our hungry stomachs :)
THANK YOU. I would like to thank everyone who greeted me on my humble award. To my ANR Family who believes in me, for giving me advices, words of encouragement and support for each and every member.
I would like to share this medal to my training buddy/pacer/friend/ Eugene, who among any other have the same passion as mine, who despite of all the troubles/problems that we faced still remains to be my side.
I would like to thank GOD ALMIGHTY for the good weather that day despite of the rainfalls on the Friday night.

Late Gun Start. Supposedly mass start will start at 6am, but due to some reasons it started at around 6.30am after the program.
GUNSHOT! Can you believe it? We are in the front together with some elite runners like Coach Rio dela Cruz. haha! I'm not expecting any PR on this trail. I was just on my"pasyal-pasyal"mode. To my surprise the trail was very technical, tough and tiring (TTT according to James). Uphill turned into UPHELL for me, so what I did is to just walk with caution to avoid any injuries because of the slippery mud that's on my way. After the turn of the 5K-ers, I found a hydration station and the man who gave me water "ang lakas ni mam, pang-11th po kau sa mga babae". After hearing that words, I gained enough courage and test myself to the limit! I've made a plan to chase over the girls that are ahead of me. Before reaching the summit, finally I saw the two girls, the one with a pacer wearing pink singlet and the other one who looks like a mestiza. They're both tough and and very serious maybe to be on top 10. Downhill, I pushed myself even harder and I can feel the adrenalin that's coming from my body. I can feel that I can make it to the top 10 because I passed over the two girls. Now I gained my confidence so I concentrate on my form and my time.


Me and Haydee passing by Makiling Botanical

Shot by Vans when we meet on my way to the summit
FINISH LINE. 500m before the finish line I felt that I was too exhausted already so I walk a little. The girl that I passed by is just behind me and finally reached me. 200m, the man told me "mam png-9th po kayo, bilisan nyo po ung nauuna sa inyo pang-8th". The girl and I are contending to get the 8th place, but I just give way to her.

After my 10K Trail Run
HAPPINESS. After three months of training and joining races, finally this is the fruit of my hard works. I placed 8th on my 2nd trail run (open female) with official time of 1:24:10, ranked 83 out of 162 runners on 10K category. "Podium Finish" as they say. I was overwhelmed with the greetings from the people around me, of course with my ANR Family cheering me when I was awarded. Three of our members are also podium finish: Mamita 3rd placer (open female) 21k category; Alex 8th placer (open male) 21K category; and Chit 8th placer (open male) 10K category.

My first Medal

Awarding Ceremony

Podium Finishers: Chit, Mamita, me and Alex

My ANR Family who participated on this event
My happiness
Certificate and Medal
My BIB No.
Goodies from my bag - Unilever Products
CARBO LOADING. After the awarding ceremony, we headed to Binalot sa Dahon in Pansol, Calamba to PIGOUT!!! This is the best reward for our hungry stomachs :)
THANK YOU. I would like to thank everyone who greeted me on my humble award. To my ANR Family who believes in me, for giving me advices, words of encouragement and support for each and every member.
I would like to share this medal to my training buddy/pacer/friend/ Eugene, who among any other have the same passion as mine, who despite of all the troubles/problems that we faced still remains to be my side.
I would like to thank GOD ALMIGHTY for the good weather that day despite of the rainfalls on the Friday night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home