My Running World

Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Balance Trail Run - June 20, 2010



REGISTRATION CLOSED! It's too late when my friend Eugene & I decided to registered for this event. We we're just texting & he asks me to find him a 10K before running for Milo Marathon's 21K. He's really freaking out 'coz he's nervous & bothered since the day we registered him for MILO. To make the story short, I started calling Planet Sport's coordinator to ask if there's still available slots for us, luckily there are so we went to New Balance Shangri-la to register at the same time to buy trail shoes.

THE NIGHT BEFORE. I was asking myself, can I run for 10K? Can I finish the trail? Can I really really make it? What if NOT? Hah! A lot's been bothering on my mind! It's my FIRST time to have this TRAIL run & also my FIRST for the 10K, what the heck am I doing? The weather is not good, there's rain showers in Laguna the night before the event so I was having this picturesque of the trail.

THE DAY. The trail started on time 5.15AM if I can still remember. There are a lot who participated: newbies like me, triathletes, husband & wives & even their children & anyone who loves adventure. First 5K I can say is a bit rocky, slippery & uneven so I was too careful on my steps. As expected, too much mud on our trail shoes & small stones invades it. I was unconcerned on the water stations 'coz I have with me my hydration belt, but for the record the first water station is located at the first 5K & on the last 8K. Moving on is the more technical trail so extra care has been given to avoid accident, we crossed river & after that we climb using a rope. As the finish line is getting nearer, I feel like my strength is diminishing & my feet is getting heavier. My buddy is motivating & pushing me to finish it. On our last 1K, I told my buddy to go ahead & that we'll just meet at the finish line.

FINISH LINE. My official time for this Trail is 1:29:22 & ranked 186 out of 353 runners.

This is really a GREAT adventure, Happy Father's Day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home